1. How far in advance can a sleeper or seat reservation be made ?
A sleeper or seat reservation can normally be made up to 60 days prior to the train’s departure date.
On Eurostar, reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance.
On Thalys, reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance.
On any other High Speed Train, reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance.
2. Does a passholder have to pay an additional charge for sleeper or seat reservations ?
Your railpass allows you to board a train, but does not guarantee you a seat reservation, sleeper or couchette. To make sure you get the accommodations you desire, you must purchase a reservation.
3. Can a sleeper reservation date be changed ?
Sleeper availability is limited, so if you need to change your sleeper reservation, do so immediately by visiting the local station at least 24 hours prior to the train’s departure. Please be aware that your change of reservation may be subject to extra charges due to an upgrade.
5. Can a reservation be made for a special meal on the train ?
You can reserve a special meal on Eurostar. Once you’re in Europe, make your request by calling Eurostar at least 24 to 48 hours in advance.
6. What is the difference between a seat reservation and a sleeper reservation ?
A seat reservation guarantees you a specific seat on a specific train. A sleeper reservation guarantees you a sleeping berth in a specific compartment on an overnight train.